Acupuncture points on the ears have been found to be particularly effective for various conditions. The human ear has been described as a micro-system of the body in an inverted fetal position; it contains points relating to all major organs and body parts.
Auricular points are stimulated during treatment. Then seed-sized beads or magnets are taped to the points to enhance the effectiveness of the points at home. The beads will generally stay in place for 3 days to a week and can be gently massaged for 10-second intervals if cravings occur.
Here are some of the most commonly used auricular points:
- Shenmen: Important point for calming the mind and reducing stress
- Small Intestine: Reinforces spleen, promotes digestion.
- Mouth: Calming point used for smoking, over eating and hyperactive talking.
- Hunger Point: Used to relieve hunger and control compulsive eating
- Endocrine point: Moves liver Qi and aids in the function of the metabolism
And Many More!